Wire Quote DIY

Here's a quick little project I did last night that was inspired by one of the pictures I used in my inspiration board last week.  All you need for this project is a spool of 18 gauge wire.  Depending on your project you might want to go with even thicker wire, but I wouldn't go any thinner.  I got the next size down and it didn't hold its shape super well.  I originally wanted black wire, but couldn't find any. Eventually I might try painting it, but I like how the silver looks for now (unfortunately, it doesn't photograph too well...sorry!).  Gold would look great against a white wall.
Just find a short phrase that you like and shape the wire into letters with your hands.  My phrase was inspired by a quote from Thornton Wilder.  “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” It will be a nice reminder to have in a place where I look every morning while getting ready.  I attached mine to the wall with some scotch tape (the matte kind, so the light doesn't make it show) and it's not noticeable at all.  If I wasn't renting I would probably just hang it from a few of those sewing pins that don't have the balls on the ends (this kind).


No comments:

Post a Comment