Healthy Eats // Salads

Lately I've been trying my best to eat healthy, but last week after I realized that I had eaten pizza for dinner two days in a row, and that the box of Girl Scout cookies I had just bought was completely empty, I realized I need to be even more conscious and intentional about what I'm putting in my body. I can definitely feel a difference in my energy level when I'm eating well. And let me tell you, my job requires a lot of energy.

I find that I get stuck in a rut easily when it comes to cooking...It's pretty frustrating cooking for one (occasionally two if Taylor comes over) while trying to save money. I often find myself wasting food because I can't finish it before it goes off, so I have a couple go-to meals for one that I find myself making over and over again. And this means my diet isn't particularly balanced (let's not talk about how much pasta I end up eating). I want to start trying out some new recipes and building my repertoire of meals that work for my particular situation. Hopefully this will help me be better at meal planning as well so I can save some money! First up, some interesting salads to get those greens in.

What are your go to meals? Do you have any strategies for making sure you're eating well? I'd love to hear!

Follow my Food + Drink Pinterest Board for more healthy (and not so healthy) food inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. These salads all look yummy! I can't wait for spring to arrive so that I can start eating salads regularly and ditch the wintery/warm comfort food. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I'm so ready for some light, summery food.

      Delete
  2. Love salads! So many options, and they just scream spring and summer to me. Which I am beyond ready for. I just did a post about my favorite salad/wrap - check it out if you like! Strawberry Fields Salad Wrap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! That looks super yummy. I'll definitely be trying that out sometime soon!

      Delete
  3. These look great! Good luck with your goals of eating well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been trying to eat more salads around here, too. I came up with a killer combo the other day- spinach, chicken, mango, apple, walnuts, and feta with Kraft mango chipotle dressing. So tasty. Next step, figure out how to make my own mango chipotle!

    ReplyDelete