Healthy Eats // Guilty Pleasures


Well, it’s only the second round of these “healthy eats” posts and I’m already on to guilty pleasure foods…really, Ella? Oh well, baby steps, right? This week I thought I’d find some healthier alternatives to some guilty pleasure foods (though, if we’re being completely honest I’m not sure that sweet potato fries are any better for you than regular fries. But they just look so good!). This way on those days when you really just want pizza or mac and cheese, you have an option that won’t completely ruin all the healthy eating you did before ;) 

Here are some alternatives to pizza, fries, potato chips, burgers, frozen yogurt, and mac and cheese that I've come across recently. I'm most excited about trying the cauliflower crust pizza. I really hope it tastes as good as it looks.

4 comments:

  1. They are healthier in the sense that sweet potatoes have way more nutrients than regular potatoes, and that they aren't deep fried in oils! You could definitely do worse. ;) I have yet to try the cauliflower pizza crust, but I have made cauliflower cheese sticks which are pretty delicious. I'll have to try out the crust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good to know! Now I won't feel so bad about making sweet potato fries ;)
      We made the cauliflower pizza crust last night and it was SO GOOD - I'll definitely be making it again.

      Delete
  2. The pumpkin mac and cheese sounds so delicious! Definitely adding it to my cooking list for next fall :)

    ReplyDelete